Would like to do .... LIKE '%fred%' on LONG column

From: Paul Smith <syd_at_compuserve.comz>
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 1998 08:50:55 GMT

I would like to add a where clause to a select on a long column, but I always get an oracle error stating that there are inconconsistent datatypes (ORA-00932). I can't even do a TO_CHAR() on the column. This seems like a big oversight to me - is there *any* way to do what I want to do?

--
Paul Smith
Technical Manager, SDR Systems Ltd