Re: Issues with 24x7 availability

From: <satar_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: 1998/10/20

In reply to the initial post...Maybe you can keep the database up and running 24 hours part of the week, and 20 hours the other part. I was in a situation in which we had no other choice, but to be in 24x7 mode. My old company is an Online Business company with customer support accessing the database at all times. It is harder to manage a 24x7 database, and yes, it does require a backup machine to test and implement new software and MIS strategies.

Good Luck,
Satar

--
Oracle DBA/UNIX System Admin