Does Begin Backup State restrict DML?

From: Margaret Peacock <peacockm_at_nt.com>
Date: 20 Oct 1998 23:39:17 GMT

I am trying to execute a Hot Backup with absolute consistency throughout the process. I am aware of the CONSISTENT parameter that can be used during an Export, but would like to tar up the dbf files using Begin Backup for quicker recovery. Does Begin Backup put restrictions on DML, or does it simply tar up under the assumption that the various tablespaces will remain consistent during the processes?

Thanks in advance for all assistance.

-Margaret Peacock

Margaret Peacock        ESN: 655-8559
Intranet Web Master     EXTERNAL: (408) 565-8559
Nortel - Mission Park peacockm_at_nt.com