Re: max extents....

From: Sylvain Leclerc <SLeclerc_at_magrit.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 1998 09:03:38 -0400

That limit was changed with 7.3. We now have UNLIMITED as a valid value for MAXEXTENTS.

It was debated here before wether it was a good idea to use that capacity. It revolves around the
strange idea that a DBA isnt interested in monitoring the growth of his/her databases. Although
the impact of 5 extents vs 500 extents on performance is, for some, a question of debate. I really
dont feel that I need UNLIMITED extents. I need to reorg once in a while, but that fine by me.

My 0.02$ worth :-)

By the way 121 is the limit for 2k block, 249 for 4k, etc.

Sylvain Leclerc
sleclerc_at_magrit