Re: how to identify the corrupted object???

From: Ronald <ronr_at_wxs.nl>
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 1998 6:30:01 +0200

On Sat, 17 Oct 1998 20:00:25 +0200, Doug Cha wrote (in message <3628db39$0$28016_at_nntp1.ba.best.com>):

> Ronald <ronr_at_wxs.nl> wrote:
>

>> On Sat, 3 Oct 1998 21:05:03 +0200, sunita_at_postoffice.worldnet.att.net
>> wrote (in message <36167816.34E2_at_postoffice.worldnet.att.net>):
>>>
>>> Exports on the database has begun to core dump. How do I identify which
>>> object is corrputed and in which schema??
>>>
>>> Once the object is identified, can I drop and recreate the object, will
>>> it fix the problem?

snip
>> select owner, object_name, object_type, status from dba_objects where
>> status != 'VALID' union select owner, index_name, table_name from
>> dba_indexes where status != 'VALID';

> I don't think that Invalid objects would cause a core dump during an export
> since they are actually valid datatypes to the database (well, they
> understand valid or invalid as opposed to being corrupt). It could be some
> other issue such as lack of memory, library conflicts, etc. Are there any
> symptoms at all other than a core dump?
>
> BTW, I could be wrong, but you could just query dba_objects since it
> contains both indexes and tables. Less use of the ! operator may be faster
> for most other operations (ie, use status = 'INVALID').
>
> -Doug

Yes Doug,
both indexes, tables and procedures are in dba_objects. An index can be valid in dba_objects and at the same time have 'DIRECT LOAD' in dba_indexes.status.

--
Ronald

mailto:ronr_at_wxs.nl
http://home.wxs.nl/~ronr/RonR.html (last update: june 8th, 1998) http://www.maccentral.com/news/9804/migration.shtml (forward migration home)

The best way to accelerate a machine running windows is at 9.8 m/s^2 Received on Tue Oct 20 1998 - 23:30:01 CDT