Re: Resizing Data Files...

From: <satar_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 1998 21:04:49 GMT

Yes and No... Yes..if For example of a 500MB file...you could have had two 250MB datafiles on seperate disks (and perferablly, different controllers). If there is another option that will allow striping along avaible dedicated drives, then yes...you hurt your performance.

No...If you don't have the drives availble. I can think of no advantages (performance wise) to two 250MB Datafiles or one 500MB datafile on the same drive.

I personally increase the size of my datafiles to 2GB max. If I need a tablespace to be more than 2GB, then I add an additional Datafile.

Good Luck,
Satar

--
Oracle DBA/UNIX System Admin