Re: Connect to Oracle 8/NT from MacOS client

From: Ronald <ronr_at_wxs.nl>
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 1998 20:10:22 +0200

On Thu, 15 Oct 1998 6:35:52 +0200, Jörg Bullmann wrote (in message <36257BA1.6EE10BAF_at_fontworks.com>):

> Hi,
>
> This is really all too embarrasing to ask, but then, we're desperate:
snip
> We got the Oracle 8 CD and there is nothing but NT driver stuff on that. No
> Mac support at all.

snip
> Has anybody in this group hints on how to proceed and what alternatives we
> have to develop client software for the database on Mac's? We've got all
> tools for C++ programming and have the know how as well, but this is our
> first database project.
>
> Do we have to use ODBC? How is ODBC's performance? Could we connect to the
> server using a TCP/IP connection and "talk clear text" to it by sending SQL
> statements and the interpret the data that is sent back to us? Could we use
> the Oracle Web interface as a base for that?
>
> Clueless remains Jörg

If possible user sqlnet-2.3 Try to get rid of odbc. Maybe omnis data has some ideas about this. They sell omnis-studio, a great = x-platform development system for db frontends with various backend solutions. http:\\www.omnis.com

--
Ronald

mailto:ronr_at_wxs.nl
http://home.wxs.nl/~ronr/RonR.html (last update: june 8th, 1998) http://www.maccentral.com/news/9804/migration.shtml (forward migration home)

The best way to accelerate a machine running windows is at 9.8 m/s^2 Received on Tue Oct 20 1998 - 13:10:22 CDT