Freeing up system table space

From: Alon Gilad <alon_at_rts.co.il>
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 1998 18:36:13 +0200

Hello to all ,

When droping a user (cascade) that owns a lot of stored procedures, I noticed that Oracle does not free up space in the system table space. I assume that the reason is that extents are not freed up when droping rows from the system tables. Is there any way to free this space other than doing a complete export/import of the DB ?

Thanx in advance ,

Alon Received on Tue Oct 20 1998 - 11:36:13 CDT