Help required with deadlock issue

From: Kevin Berry <_at_dircon.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 1998 11:46:14 +0100

I am in need of some pointers with a deadlock issue.

The deadlock is occurring within a stored procedure provided by a third party software supplier, (they are investigating, but very slowly!)

The procedure doesn't do any work itself, it just submits job to be run by the background processes. We have 6 of these background processes running.

Each of the submitted jobs process records within the same base table, but never the same record within that table.

Every now and again a deadlock occurs. The following snip-it comes from the trace file. The trace suggests that the sessions were not waiting for locks to be release on rows.

So that question is, how do I find out what was causing the deadlock.

Any pointers would be appreciated.

Kevin

Oracle7 Server Release 7.3.2.3.0
on