Re: Auto Start Oracle on HPUX

From: jan <jan_at_tat.dk>
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 1998 09:47:08 +0200

Liz Reen wrote:

> It takes more than this to start up Oracle at boot time. There is
> an excellent example in the Oracle installation guide for HP-UX.

Sorry to sort of 'drop in' in the middle of this thread. I'm sure there's already been given lots of good advices about this, so I won't repeat what has probably already been said.

But you don't boot HP-UX that often? Last I worked with UNIX'es any bigger than my Linux at home, it wasn't booted more once or maybe twice a year, and always with a week's warning. I you really want to hear how I do it (in Linux), I use svrmgrl or sqldba (you have to call it via su, if my memory serves me, to run it from the Oracle user) - there's nothing to it, really.

/jan Received on Tue Oct 20 1998 - 02:47:08 CDT