ODBC trouble?

From: Patrik Wallstrom <pawal_at_ot.se>
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 1998 19:25:34 +0200

I am currently using ASP via ODBC for SQL queries. Sometimes, when using sessions and global.asa, I tend to get the following error:

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80004005' [Oracle][ODBC][Ora]ORA-06403: Unable to allocate memory. //global.asa, line 16

I find it hard to believe that this is a result of low memory in the machine being used. Can this i an ODBC problem, or is the problem withing the Oracle application? Basically, I have no stored procedures, but just lots of tables that i read.

Where do I debug this kind of problem? How can I monitor the memory being used by Oracle?

One other thing. When reading fields of type LONG withing ASP via ODBC, I just get a few characters of data from the field, which really contains lot more data than I get from the ASP- script. Should I use another way of reading LONG-data, or what might be the problem? I just use a normal SQL select statement when trying to read it now...

Thanks a lot,

--
Patrik Wallstrom
Out There Communications Received on Mon Oct 19 1998 - 12:25:34 CDT