Re: Redo Log problem

From: Winnie Liu <oracle_dba_at_zdnetmail.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Oct 1998 22:32:52 -0700

Shaul,

IS what your error message include something like "cannot allocate new log sequence #... checkpoint not complete"? If it is the case, it means that the CKPT(or DBWR, i forget) is not fast enough to checkpoint all the changes in the log file and there's already another log switch.

What you can do is to increase the size of the redo log files. It should solve the problem.

Winnie