db_block_size and performance

From: Peter Shankey <shankeyp_at_charlestoncounty.org>
Date: Sun, 18 Oct 1998 20:56:38 -0400

I read that changing the db_block_size could see a increase in speed of up to 40%. What are your experinces with changing the db_block_size? I realize I will have to re-create the WHOLE db and I am wondering if it is really worth the effort. My db_block_size it set to the default of 2048. The db is running on solaris 2.5.1 Received on Sun Oct 18 1998 - 19:56:38 CDT