Re: Issues with 24x7 availability

From: David Williams <djw_at_smooth1.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 18 Oct 1998 23:28:50 +0100

In article <709kt3$e0i$1_at_nnrp1.dejanews.com>, johnk_at_brunet.bn writes
>Hi Deborah,
>
>I too hate it when users specify 24x7 without knowing what it means. However,
>my $0.02 worth!

  I agree, any USER working between 3am-5am on a Saturday night  is
               ^^^^^

  definitely sad...'course us techine don't sleep...

  Dave..

  recovering from 40hr stint after a disk failed on a Sun box whilst   migrating to a new machine which HAD to happen and was mission   critical...

--
David Williams

Maintainer of the Informix FAQ
 Primary site (Beta Version) http://www.smooth1.demon.co.uk

 Official site                http://www.iiug.org/techinfo/faq/faq_top.html

I see you standin', Standin' on your own, It's such a lonely place for you, For you to be If you need a shoulder, Or if you need a friend, I'll be here standing, Until the bitter end...
So don't chastise me Or think I, I mean you harm... All I ever wanted Was for you To know that I care Received on Sun Oct 18 1998 - 17:28:50 CDT