Re: Areas of Concern

From: David Williams <djw_at_smooth1.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 18 Oct 1998 23:30:53 +0100

In article <355bbb75.0_at_newsprime.tidalwave.net>, DAVID SMITH <dsmith_at_hpti.com> writes
>All,
>
>My boss is going to meet with some Very senior oracle execs next week. They are
>trying to sell us on a multi-million dollar enterprise solution. He has
>requested that we (IT dept) develop a list of practical problems/concerns that
>he can "discuss" with Oracle. We have a limited experience with Oracle products
>to date, however, we are generally very satisfied (with the exception of OAS
>3.0). Oracle is clearly superior to Sybase, and Informix in our opinion, yet we

  Why superior to Informix??

--
David Williams

Maintainer of the Informix FAQ
 Primary site (Beta Version) http://www.smooth1.demon.co.uk

 Official site                http://www.iiug.org/techinfo/faq/faq_top.html

I see you standin', Standin' on your own, It's such a lonely place for you, For you to be If you need a shoulder, Or if you need a friend, I'll be here standing, Until the bitter end...
So don't chastise me Or think I, I mean you harm... All I ever wanted Was for you To know that I care Received on Sun Oct 18 1998 - 17:30:53 CDT