Re: Problem Downloading Oracle 8 for Linux

From: St Erroneous <Xishamael_at_goliath.mersinet.co.ukX>
Date: 17 Oct 1998 15:19:58 +0100

<haddadiank_at_my-dejanews.com> seems to have written: [problems loggin onto oracle technet website to download Oracle8 for  Linux]
>I want to know if you have experienced similar problem or have any
>suggestions to solve it.

The technet.oracle.com webserver seems to go offline occasionally in the morning (from my perspective in the UK). When it comes back up, the authentication server sometimes seems go awol for a long period of time. I've had it reject my technet login for hours, and then suddenly start working.

Try at a different time of day and it may work for you.

-michael
--
St michael (mainly) Erroneous http://goliath.mersinet.co.uk/~ishamael/ "This message was brought to you by three Linux boxen, 512Mb RAM, 51Gb  disc space and one Oracle dba with no life. Expecting sense in such a  circumstance was woefully optimistic." Received on Sat Oct 17 1998 - 09:19:58 CDT