Re: How do I rename the listener process

From: Srinivas <shree_at_novoronlight.com>
Date: 1998/10/16

Hi1

I installed oracle8.0.4 on a SGI machine where oracle 8.0.3 was installed but on different directory.
I could go into server manager and satartup the the database also. But, if I try to connect from the client (Win NT) it is not connecting error was listener not running for this SID. I checked the Oracle 8.0.4's listener status, it is showing that the it is assosciated with the Oracle 8.0.3 's SID, but not Oracle 8.0.4's SID. I tried to open Listener.ora file of Oracle 8.0.4 and modify the SID , but it's not allowing b'cause it's a read only file. P.L. help me some advice....
Thanks,
Srinivas. Received on Fri Oct 16 1998 - 00:00:00 CDT