Re: Why not all users shown in DBA_TS_QUOTAS?

From: Jurij Modic <jmodic_at_src.si>
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 1998 21:26:24 GMT

On Fri, 16 Oct 1998 19:24:57 +0800, Jimmy <c6635500_at_comp.polyu.edu.hk> wrote:

>Hello all,
>
> I want to find the disk quota from the DBA_TS_QUOTAS. However, there
>are only 6 rows in this table. (i.e. only 6 users) The database contains
>more than 50 users. What's the other user disk quota? Why there are only
>6 users in this table? And how to find other user disk quota?

The rest of your users have no explicit quota defined on any tablespace. They most probably have been granted an "UNLIMITED TABLESPACE" system privilege, which means they have unlimited space quota on all tablespaces. If you've created those users using Oracle Enterprise Manager, then this UNLIMITED TABLESPACE was added to user's privileges automaticaly if you've granted a role RESOURCE to the users.

>Thanks.
>Jimmy

HTH,
Jurij Modic <jmodic_at_src.si>
Certified Oracle7 DBA (OCP)

The above opinions are mine and do not represent any official standpoints of my employer Received on Fri Oct 16 1998 - 16:26:24 CDT