Re: Oracle Instance Failed on NT startup

From: Tommy <tcusan_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 1998 16:34:26 -0700

The counters for the Oracle performance monitor was not registered with the Windows NT performance monitor during installation. To solve the problem do the following :

Log on the the NT Machine as ADMINISTRATOR.

For Oracle7:

In the %\ORANT\DBS directory run:

 LODCTR OPCTRNM.INI This will register the Oracle7 counter and will never have to be run on this system again.

For Oracle8:

In the %\ORANT\DBS directory run:

 LODCTR OPCTRN80.INI This will register the Oracle8 counter and will never have to be run on this system again.