DBMS SQL

From: <mashy_at_null.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 1998 16:27:38 GMT

Hiya !

I've got a table which stores the names of the packages and the procedures . I want each & every package-procedure to be fired by a procedure on the table as a batch process .... Can anybody help me to overcome this problem ...???

For eg :

Table_1

PACK_NAME     VARCHAR2(50)
PROC_NAME     VARCHAR2(50)
STATUS        VARCHAR2(10)

Data within the table ....

PACK_NAME PROC_NAME STATUS

EMP_PACK      EMP_BONUS    VALID
EMP_PACK      EMP_SIGNOFF  INVALID

Here the EMP_PACK.EMP_BONUS will be picked up and fired by the procedure ... I tried using the dbms_sql package ... it returns with the ORA-00900 error (Invalid SQL Statement) ... as it doesnt understand the Execute 'procedure' statement while parsing .... !!

Thanks for ur assistance ...

Mashya ..

Pls cc to : mashy_at_null.net