Re: alter system switch logfile hangs

From: Liz Reen <Liz_at_reading.news>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 1998 12:37:17 -0400

[This followup was posted to comp.databases.oracle.server and a copy was sent to the cited author.]

In article <702hdr$dnr$1_at_nnrp1.dejanews.com>, nordby_at_channelpoint.com says...
> This is on an Oracle 7.3.4 server, NT4.0 SPIII.
>
> Anyone see this behavior, or have any clues on how to figure this out? It is
> a command in our hot backup procedure that now hangs and prevents the backup
> from working.
>
> Thanks, Jon.

I saw this recently on a UNIX box. Archiving is turned on but set to manual. Set log_archive_start to true and in svrmgrl do an alter system archive log all.

Liz

--
My real address is L R E E N a t P E R R I E R G R O U P d o t C O M Received on Thu Oct 15 1998 - 11:37:17 CDT