Internal Password Jam

From: <matthew_at_mattshouse.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 1998 15:25:15 GMT

Recently, our DBA moved on to another company.	I'm filling in for the time
being.	I need our Internal Password, which left with the DBA.	I noticed
that there is a PWDORC1.ORA file in the $HOME/DATABASE directory. I've heard snippits in this newsgroup about using orapwd80 to change the password. So, is this what I do:
  1. Delete $home/database/pwdorc1.ora
  2. Set Internal password with orapwd80.

Is this correct, and is there going to be any impact on the current database?

Matthew