Re: Problems with SQLFORMS 3.0

From: Angelo Cavallaro <angelo.cavallaro_at_pcm.bosch.de>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 1998 13:40:34 +0200

Hi Julio.

I had the same problem with Forms 4.5.
I found out that the stored procedure returns values with a lenght up to 40 digits and forms can only accept number values with a length of 38 digits.

Try to trunc your out-parameter to maximum 38 digits. For testing you could use this: TRUNC(OUT_VARIABLE) to decrease the size of the out-number. Later you should use TRUNC(OUT_VARIABLE,<your_precision>) where <your_precision> is the precision, that you want to have for the out-number, but always having in mind not to exceed the total length of 38 digits.

Hope this helps.

Angelo.