Re: Problems with SQLFORMS 3.0

From: Julio Negueruela <julio.negueruela_at_si.unirioja.es>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 1998 12:26:38 +0100

Well, I had an On-error triger so the errors messages weren't shown to me. I've got the following error: =

Ora-01459 Invalid length for variable character strig. The manual says:

The buffer length was less than the minimum required (two bytes) or greater than it's length at bind time minus two bytes. Action: None. Buffer length is set correctly by Oracle at fetch time.

It sounds fine but doesn't work to me !!!

The procedure has 20 parameters in an one parameter out, this one is the message wich is retuned to me by the procedure. Any idea?

Julio Negueruela escribió:

[snip]
> I've got a database procedure wich accesses some remote tables. When I
> execute it on a sqlplus session it works fine but if I try to execute i=
> in a form 2.5 I've got a core dump, sometimes, or looks like it "jumped=
"
> the line where the procedure is called. The procedure is in a 7.1.6 and=

> the remote tables are in a 7.3.2. I know there are some problems to
> execute remote procedures wich are in a 7.3.2 from a 7.1.6 (Oracle
> Support told me there's a bug but without patch) but this one is a loca=
> proc. in the 7.1.6.

Thanks in advange.
-- =

Julio Negueruela
DBA Servicio Informático

Universidad de La Rioja      -      Spain
Telf: 941-299179     Fax: 941- 299180

mailto:julio.negueruela_at_si.unirioja.es Received on Thu Oct 15 1998 - 06:26:38 CDT