Re: Reducing System Tablespace Size

From: Jurij Modic <jmodic_at_src.si>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 1998 06:53:48 GMT

On Wed, 14 Oct 1998 19:18:16 GMT, satar_at_my-dejanews.com wrote:

>You're right, stored procedures are located in the data dictionary which
>resides in the SYSTEM tablespace.

Yes, but the owner of the objects where the procedure, triggers etc. are stored in the data dictionary is still SYS (aka Oracle person/thing) and noone else.

>In article
><01bdf77a$804135f0$1811ea9e_at_ukp01758>, "Barry Jones" <jonesb_at_logica.com>
>wrote:
>
>> I thought stored procedures resided in the system tablespace. The more
>> stored procedures ....
>> Also wrapping any stored procedures just about doubles the space required
>> in the system tablespace.
>>
>> Barry Jones
>> Logica UK Ltd.
>>
>> satar_at_my-dejanews.com wrote in article <6vg9mg$6v6$1_at_nnrp1.dejanews.com>...
>> > ALTER DATABASE DATAFILE '/u01/oradata/y2k/system01.dbf' RESIZE 100M;
>> >
>> > Really, you shouldn't need to change the size of this tablespace because
>> > Oracle should be the only person/thing to use it. Make sure there are no
>> > sorts, data, or user activity taking place on that tablespace.
>> >
>> > Satar Naghshineh
>> >
>> rest deleted
>>

>--
>Oracle DBA/UNIX System Admin
>Advanced Enterprise Solutions
>(949) 756-0588
>Oracle Re-Seller

Jurij Modic <jmodic_at_src.si>
Certified Oracle7 DBA (OCP)

The above opinions are mine and do not represent any official standpoints of my employer Received on Thu Oct 15 1998 - 01:53:48 CDT