Re: Tuning Oracle Financials

From: Ivonne Trejo Silva <itrejo_at_puc.cl>
Date: 14 Oct 1998 18:09:30 GMT

Hi

In my own experience with Oracle Financials 10.5 and 10.7 now, you must be tuning the application, I mean you must create more indexes.
I have Oracle Enterprise Manager and Performance Pack to do this and my own experience.
You must see in the Oracle Topsessions for any session with status=ACTIVE and you will see its explain plan and you will see there are may of this SQL's with Full Table Scan in tables like GL_CODE_COMBINATIONS or GL_BALANCES, it isn't good.
You also can use "alter session set sql_trace=true" and tkprof utility to do this.

I created many new indexes for the tables of Oracle Financial.

I hope you can understand me, my English isn't very good.

regards,

--
Ivonne Trejo Silva
Jefe Bases de Datos Oracle (DBA)

Adiel Kader <AKader_at_mweb.com> wrote in article <3624899a.0_at_news1.mweb.co.za>...