DEC UNIX/Oracle Problem

From: <red14_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 1998 21:22:26 GMT

We have seven 'identical' networks The server, DEC Alpha1000A running DEC UNIX (so-help-me-) There are 20 PC's and 10 terminals attached to each server. The PCs communicate with each other using MS Windows networking and communicate with the server using TCPIP through an Arabic terminal emulation program. The terminals also communicate via TCPIP. We did not buy DEC UNIX client licenses beyond basic. The only reason the PCs and terminals will be connecting to the server is to access an Oracle database…(not yet developed but almost…) We bought hundreds of SQLnet licenses. No security options have been set on the servers. Five networks are working perfectly. All of the systems and all of the terminals can log in to the server simultaneously without any problems. On two of the LANs, only five clients can log onto the server at once. All the PCs and all of the terminals can connect but, only five at a time. This seems like some kind of licensing thing or maybe a security issue but why are the other five networks functioning? Please help, I need them all to work and I can't get any answers.