Re: Defrag Tablespaces ? How ?

From: <satar_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 1998 18:53:33 GMT

I looked into Platinum, it doesn't defrag a tablespace. The only way to defrag a tablespace has already been stated (export objects & import objects & coalesce). If you're in a 24x7 enviroment, you're screwed. I would create a standby database (configuired properly with all tables in one extent, and the tablespaces looking good) and switch the production onto the standby. Fix the production, then switch back (not necessary).

Satar

--
Oracle DBA/UNIX System Admin
Advanced Enterprise Solutions