Re: HELP ORA-00600: internal error code

From: M. Bhatti <mohammed.bhatti_at_mci.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 1998 12:57:12 -0400

I ran into a similar problem once with Oracle 7.3 on Win NT4 and as I seem to remember it was a corrupted index block. I think you can fix this by dropping the index(s) and re-creating them all. I think you can check for corruption by issuing the following query:

analyze table <table_name> validate structure cascade; or
analyze index <index_name> validate structure;

Please correct if I'm wrong on this.

mkb