Re: Sybase vs Oracle

From: <nasof_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 1998 15:03:30 GMT

I would look at the future's of each. If you feel confident with Sybase's financial future, then go with it. Are they making as rapid advances as Oracle (e.g. adding Java to core engine?)

I would also look at the amount of 3rd party products that support both platforms. Does Sybase have the same support that Oracle does for Peoplesoft, Lawson, etc...?

Obviously for you, Sybase is the choice for support reasons. But what if you leave. Which is easier to find? an Oracle DBA or a Sysbase DBA?

Good luck with your choice...
-Frank