Using Oracle 7.3 OS_ROLES with NT Server 4.0

From: Gerald M. Lewis <gmlewis_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 1998 13:04:00 GMT

I am having some trouble implementing OS_ROLES with NT Server.

  1. I created an ORACLE role named ROLE1, authentication NONE.
  2. ROLE1 has been granted CONNECT and RESOURCE roles
  3. I have modified the INITORCL.ORA file to include OS_ROLES = TRUE
  4. I have created the following local NT groups: ORA_ORCL_DBA ORA_ORCL_OPER ORA_ORCL_ROLE1_A ORA_ORCL_ROLE1_D
  5. In addition, I have configured the following NT users and assigned them to the following group(s): GLewis ORA_ORCL_DBA ORA_ORCL_ROLE1_A MFarmer ORA_ORCL_ROLE1_D
  6. When I create an ORACLE user, for example:
	GLewis -	Authentication: External
		Role: ORA_ORCL_ROLE1_A

	I get the following error:

"User was created but an error occured while granting privileges.
ORA-01956: invalid command when OS_ROLES are being used."

7) When I try to run SQL*Plus using the following syntax,

PLUS33W.EXE /@alias

I get the following error:
"Error: ORA-01045: user GLEWIS lacks CREATE SESSION privilege; logon
denied."

I have read through the manuals and have not been able to determine what I am doing wrong. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Jerry
Senior Systems Expert
HAZMED, Inc.
USDOJ/EOUST Received on Wed Oct 14 1998 - 08:04:00 CDT