Re: How to push CPU to its fullest potential?

From: MotoX <rat_at_tat.a-tat.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 1998 08:09:26 +0100

Big, big question. And there's no short answer.

Read up the Oracle Tuning manual and the Parallel Query sections of the Oracle doc. set. You may need to do some significant reworking of your app. to fully exploit the CPU's - and even then the bottleneck may be elsewhere.

Do some performance testing of your system outside of the db first, and then move into testing the db with progressively more complex operations, check the resource usage, trace files and execution plans at each stage - only then will you gain an understanding of how all this stuff fits together.

MotoX.