Re: Information on charts/graphs and the web

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 1998/10/13

A copy of this was sent to Fiona McNamara <fmcnamar_at_dsccc.com> (if that email address didn't require changing) On Tue, 13 Oct 1998 08:24:14 -0500, you wrote:

>Thanks for your response. Unfortunately I have been to the oracle gov

                         ^^^^^^^^^^^^^ thats a funny way to put it :)

goto http://govt.us.oracle.com/ follow the quick pick to downloadable utilities OR click on Tech Center and then downloadable utilities. Read the disclaimer and continue on in...

>Fiona
>
>Tiernan Mc Guigan wrote:
>>
>> I can't help you on the graph front, but you can get a package for
>> generating bar charts from Oracle Government's site at
>> http://govt.us.oracle.com
>> Here's it's blurb (taken from the site) --
>>
>> "Using DYNAMIC SQL in PL/SQL, this package automates the displaying of
>> information in a bar chart format-- even when the query is not known until
>> after the user hits the submit button."
>>
>> Hope that helps a little. I suspect you really want to display your
>> information in a variety of ways and thus really need to find a commercial
>> solution.
>>
>> Fiona McNamara <fmcnamar_at_dsccc.com> wrote in article
>> <362243B5.52BBF1BF_at_dsccc.com>...
>> > I am creating a application on OWS and I need to be able to create
>> > charts and graphs(bar,line, pie) based on information in my database.
>> >
>> > I have been ablr to create the graphs in reports 2.5 and graphics 2.5
>> > however the process is not dynamic enough for my users. Does anyone
>> > know of a way to make reports more dynamic?
>> >
>> > OR
>> >
>> > Does anyone know of any built-in packages or thied party PL/SQL packages
>> > that may do the job or at least give me a good start?
>> >
>> > Thanks

Thomas Kyte
tkyte_at_us.oracle.com
Oracle Government
Herndon VA

--
http://govt.us.oracle.com/    -- downloadable utilities

Anti-Anti Spam Msg: if you want an answer emailed to you,
you have to make it easy to get email to you.  Any bounced
email will be treated the same way i treat SPAM-- I delete it.