Re: I, Oracle 8 Server and JAVA .... (bah!)

From: Thor <thor_at_echidna.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1998 16:08:54 -0700

Could be a few things.
I'm assuming you're using NT4 with service pack3. This wonderful layered operating system has a warning out that setting your colours on your screen driver can stop the JAVA VM from working ... pretty cool. The fix for this is posted on Microsoft's website. Or you can just set your system to something less than millions of colours. The latest patches from Microsoft have also rendered a new thing into the JAVAVM that can give you problems if you go below 256 colours.

Thor HW