Re: error freeing rollback segment

From: <satar_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1998 23:00:40 GMT

This is a bug that has been fixed in Version 7.3.4, in 7.3.4 . This information is supposed to be supressed, but you have a special feature on your version of Oracle that will allow you to see these messages. Go home and feel special!! If you look, you will find a SMON trace file as well.

here is the bug number: 432917

Good Luck,
Satar
In article <7008he$9sq$1_at_nnrp1.dejanews.com>,   kollad_at_my-dejanews.com wrote:
> hi group,
>
> We have noticed an error in the alert log
> ORA-01595: error freeing extent (15386804) of rollback segment (4))
> ORA-01551: extended rollback segment, pinned blocks released
> how do we handle this
>
> thanks
> dinesh&#137;

Oracle DBA/UNIX System Admin