EXP ....FILE=(pipe to compress)

From: BJ Miller <bj.miller_at_scglobal.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1998 17:43:59 -0400

Hi,

I have a problem at a customer site with EXP. They are unable to export to disk due to filesize limitations (2G) and they are exporting to tape (SLOW!). In researching possible solutions I read on a private newsgroup that someone was able to 'pipe it to a compress', however EXP doesn't exactly respond to the normal shell manipulations.

Is there a way in Unix to specify an in-line compress?

Thanks in advance,

BJ Received on Tue Oct 13 1998 - 16:43:59 CDT