Re: Context Option - Create Index Problem

From: Garrett Kaminaga <gkaminag__at__us.oracle.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1998 12:05:09 -0700

Paul O'Driscoll wrote:

>I'm indexing (or trying to)
> a small amount of text for a test ... but it's in 11 different
> languages.

ConText cannot index a single table with multiple languages very well. It works best when all documents in the table are the same language. It is possible to index mixed-language tables, but it is then difficult to search it intelligently.

> but .. indexing using the create_index command just never
>finish ...

It should not do this. I would suggest contacting support so that we can determine if this a bug.

--

Garrett Kaminaga                          Oracle ConText Server Group
Note: remove underscores to get real email address Standard disclaimers apply -- all posts are personal opinion Received on Tue Oct 13 1998 - 14:05:09 CDT