Re: Context Option: Why do ctx_dml.reindex fail?

From: Garrett Kaminaga <gkaminag__at__us.oracle.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1998 12:01:17 -0700

Kasper Hansen wrote:

> I have now spent a lot of time trying to get the reindex procedure of
> the Context option to work (Context 2.0.6 on Oracle 8.0.4 on Win NT) and
> I have created a policy 'dlctxpol' as user 'DBO'
> When the user 'KAH' tries to execute the reindex he gets the following:
>
> ORA-20000: ConText error:
> ORA-20000: ConText error:
> DRG-10502: Unknown message id 10502
> ORA-06512: ved "CTXSYS.DRUE", linje 180
> ORA-06512: ved "CTXSYS.CTX_DML", linje 193
> ORA-06512: ved linje 2

First, the unknown message is caused by not having the messages installed. There should be a file called drgus.sql (depending on the version, there may be a drgnl.sql or whatever) This file will be in ?/ctx/mesg or possibly in ?/ctx/admin, again, depending on the version. Run this script as ctxsys.

As to the basic problem, in order to call reindex, the invoking user must have insert on the base table. That's why it works when you have DBA. Simply have the owner of the base table grant insert to KAH.

--

Garrett Kaminaga                          Oracle ConText Server Group
Note: remove underscores to get real email address Standard disclaimers apply -- all posts are personal opinion Received on Tue Oct 13 1998 - 14:01:17 CDT