Re: Why application is becoming slow ?

From: MotoX <rat_at_tat.a-tat.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1998 16:45:13 +0100

It's called "Lack of design." Go back and do some. And try putting "Performance Goals" on page one of your design doc., not on the final page called "Into Production".

Sorry for being so harsh, but if you are this much out of your depth... Get a consultant in to review what you've got and help you get to where you want to be. Your application could be slow for any number (try 1000+) reasons, and no-one here will be able to tell you exactly why (even if they think otherwise... :-)) And get some training - on both Oracle and your server, and it's OS.

Sure, you can re-analyze, you can monitor SGA stats, I/O stats, etc., etc., but they will not tell you the *cause* of your problems, just the *symptoms*.

Just my rant. Other's may disagree.

MotoX.