Re: Speeding up deletes

From: Dr.Matt <fields_at_zip.eecs.umich.edu>
Date: 13 Oct 1998 14:55:39 GMT

In a certain newsgroup called comp.databases.oracle.server, there was a poster called <tojones_at_gate.net>, for it means Tim Jones . And the
Lord Bob spoke unto Tim Jones and bade Tim Jones relay
<36236790.759B_at_gate.net> unto the people, saying:

>Arthur Langham wrote:
>>
>> I need to speed up deletes. I'm looking into not logging the transaction (I
>> don't care if I can rollback), though I don't know if this is possible. Any
>> suggestions?
>Use the TRUNCATE command option.
>
>Example: truncate <table_name>;

That empties the whole table at once. Received on Tue Oct 13 1998 - 09:55:39 CDT