Sybase vs Oracle

From: Steve M. Park <spark_at_ic-usa.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1998 10:57:03 -0400

I am an experienced Sybase DBA and have been tasked with putting up a back end. I am trying to be fair & evaluate the merits of Oracle vs Sybase. I have installed Oracle 7.2 a few times

several years ago and recall some of the issues in general. I have recently browsed the Oracle 8 manuals and it looks to be a real pain to get running compared to Sybase. Of course, I can do Sybase more or less

in my sleep. What I'm looking for is concrete reasons to use one database over the other. For those of you who have done both, any help is greatly appreciated.

steve Received on Tue Oct 13 1998 - 09:57:03 CDT