Re: Oracle user problem while using sqplus on AIX

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1998 15:39:06 +0200

At least $ORACLE_HOME should be defined and preferably $ORACLE_SID. The rest of the pathnames can be and should be derived from $ORACLE_HOME. The only other parameter that probably needs to be defined is LD_LIBRARY_PATH, which should equal $ORACLE_HOME/lib;/usr/local/lib.

It looks like your .profile or even /etc/profile is not called in batch mode. This file should run /usr/local/bin/oraenv (ksh) or /usr/local/bin/coraenv (csh). I know this file is often not run in batchmode as the .profile doesn't run. I have the same problem in AIX jobs, I usually call oraenv explicitly, because I think hardcoding the $ORACLE_HOME variable is not a good idea.

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA