bad performance

From: Sbaiz <pierluigi.sbaiz_at_elsag.it>
Date: 13 Oct 1998 09:30:45 GMT

I'm using Oracle 7.3 on Unix 4.0B platform with 512Mb RAM.

I perform the follow select for SQLPlus:

SQL>SELECT DISTINCT "CUSTOMERS"."CUSTOMER_ID"||' -

'||"CUSTOMERS"."CUSTOMER_NAME",

"CUSTOMERS"."CUSTOMER_ID",
"CUSTOMERS"."CUSTOMER_NAME"
FROM "CUSTOMERS",
"ORGANIZATION_STRUCTURE_NODES"
WHERE ( "ORGANIZATION_STRUCTURE_NODES"."CUSTOMER_ID" = "CUSTOMERS"."CUSTOMER_ID" )
    ORDER BY "CUSTOMERS"."CUSTOMER_ID" ASC ;   The previous select works and display 6000 rows. But my problem is that Oracle display only 200 rows
each time after it waits for 2 seconds and then display next 200 rows and so on. For this reason it takes
a lot of time waiting for the displaying all rows (about 60 seconds)! I think it is not a network problem because this happens also running the select from the console of
the server and also I think it is not a statement problem because the performance are similar for others
select retrieving more than 1000 rows.

I'm looking for a solution that allow me to display all data very fast in a single step.
Thank in advance.
SbaizP. Received on Tue Oct 13 1998 - 04:30:45 CDT