Re: Proc*C & fork

From: Steve Haynes <steve_at_rwx777.demon.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 1998 22:26:22 +0100

In article <3620E101.8D02C44_at_dialogbank.com>, Alexander <Alexander_Ryabi kov_at_dialogbank.com> writes
>Hi,
>
>We have one application (server) that works like this :
> server receive request from client, fork child, child connect to
>Oracle and process request.
>In some cases, we need that server also be connected to Oracle and
>process light requests.
>
>Does any know what need I do ?
>If server on startup connect to Oracle, any of childs can corrupt server
>
>connection
>and on SQL in server we receive : ORA - 03113 : end-of-file on
>communication channel.
>
>Thanks

if you fork then reconnect.
top tip: connect in any process in which you want to communicate with oracle.
Steve
--
Please remove nospam from my address to Reply. Received on Mon Oct 12 1998 - 16:26:22 CDT