VMS 7.1 and Oracle 7.3 Memory Tuning

From: <mf04_at_hou-metro.harris.tx.us>
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 1998 18:33:51 GMT

Installing a 7.3.2.3.2 RDBMS on a DEC Alpha 2100, OpenVMS 7.1, with 2 gig of memory. Oracle indicates 'Reserve Memory' should be specified for the SGA via the SYSMAN facility.

I am running Oracle Financials with 40 users and a database size of 15 gig.

I have tried to specify 384 meg of Reserve Memory, but AutoInstall would not run. I can implement with a 'Reserve Memory' of 96 meg, but this seems to be a poor utilization of resources.

Does anyone have experience tuning the RDBMS memory parameters in this environment. Thanks.