Re: Nebie - ORA-01000maximum open cursors exceeded

From: Dave Klinger <dklinger_at_bechtel.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 1998 16:19:44 GMT

To query the setting you can do a "SELECT VALUE FROM V$PARAMETER WHERE NAME='open_cursors';" (You can just as easily look in the INIT.ORA file. The maximum value is OS dependent (for NT it is unlimited, I don't know what it is for HP UX). Just realize that by increasing the max value, each process will require more memory. The first thing you may want to do is talk to the developer and see if there is a way to decrease the number of required cursors. To change the value, you must change the init.ora and restart the database.

Dave