Re: shutdown/startup Oracle8 NT

From: <manu7502_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 1998 09:14:30 GMT

In article <6vot2i$nia$1_at_nnrp1.dejanews.com>,   satar_at_my-dejanews.com wrote:
> First off, your English is fine. I know how to solve this in Oracle 7, but
> haven't tried it in 8... So it looks like you want users to connect remotely
> to your database as SYSDBA or SYSOPER. First you have to run the orapwd
> utility. As the Oracle Unix User at the Unix prompt type: orapwd (I am not at
> my database, so just type that and hit return to see the options, also make
> sure the password file is in the same location as your init<sid>.ora file)
> After you have sucessfully created a password file, edit the init<sid>.ora
> file and add the following line: remote_password ?something like that? =
> EXCLUSIVE shutdown and startup the database to let the new parameter take
> into effect. Then login as system/password and grant sysdba to whomever. I
> will give you the right info when I get back to my office.
>
> Good Luck,
> satar

Thank you very much for your reply satar.

My problem is to grant SYSOPER and SYSDBA to scott(scott is an example)

In NT ,I dont have orapwd but orapwd80
In a dos prompt i do:
  orapwd80 file=pwdorcl.ora password=oracle entries=10

in my initorcl.ora I change the line

    remote_login_passwordfile = EXCLUSIVE

I shutdown and startup the database to let the new parameter take into effect.

then I do:

sql>connect sys/passwd
 sql>grant sysoper to scott;
 error message
 ORA-01031: insufficient privileges

It is not yet the good solution!

in my initorcl.ora I change the line

    remote_login_passwordfile = SHARED

sql>connect sys/passwd
 sql>grant sysoper to scott;
 error message
 ORA-01031: insufficient privileges

It is not yet the good solution!
But if you have others ideas, please help me.

Thanks in advance.