Re: Good News - More Choice - OEM Perfomance Pack pricing stinks

From: raman batra <rrbatra_at_feist.com>
Date: 1998/10/11

Somebody is blowing this way out of proportion. This is standard wording in the last 16 quaterlies or so made to the Securities and Exchange Commission.

Although I cant help commenting that OEM Performance Pack pricing is about the most brain dead thing Oracle has ever done (licensed by concurrent user !!!). Obviously, they do not intend to make money of this. Why not license per "slab" of users or DB_SIZe or take a fixed price say $5000 - $10000. Greedy, greedy !!!

Every site I know misrepresents OEM performance Pack licensing by tagging it to a smaller CSI. I have emailed Oracle on this, no response at all.

Anybody out there paying $300 on top of Oracle Enterprise pricing for OEM Performance Pack.

Later,