Re: Good News - More Choice

From: Joel R. Kallman <jkallman_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 1998/10/11

On 10 Oct 1998 04:01:08 GMT, paulkcng_at_news.netvigator.com (Ng K C Paul) wrote:

>http://www.zdnet.com/anchordesk/story/story_2613.html
>
>ORACLE CAVES IN TO PRICE CUTS
>
> No. 1 database software company Oracle warns
> investors it may have to cut prices of its database
> software in response to intense competition. IBM,
> Informix and Sybase have been offering deep discounts
> to gain market share. And Microsoft is adding intense
> pressure from the low end. Meanwhile, sales of other
> Oracle software have been erratic during the past year.

Oracle Corp. (Nasdaq:ORCL - news) said on Tuesday that a Reuter report about potential price cuts was misleading and that there was no change in the market for database software.

http://biz.yahoo.com/rf/981006/bcm.html
Thanks!

Joel

Joel R. Kallman Oracle Government, Education, & Health

Columbus, OH                             http://govt.us.oracle.com
jkallman@us.oracle.com                   http://www.oracle.com

The statements and opinions expressed here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Oracle Corporation. Received on Sun Oct 11 1998 - 00:00:00 CDT