Re: ORACLE Performance Questions

From: jeroen <zandvoort_at_geocities.com>
Date: 10 Oct 1998 14:14:36 GMT

On Tue, 6 Oct 1998 14:57:06 +0200, "Daniel Gessnitzer" <gessnitzer_at_ipks.de> wrote:
Hi,

You should definitely use stored procedures as much as possible. You do have a dual p so if possible try to execute procedures twice. We have a very intensive sql-procedure and we changed it a little bit in order to run 4 seperate runs and the overall performance increased dramaticly.

Besides all this, check you're Oracle performance, like SGA, fragmentation, commit once or after each row etc..

Jeroen